Ethical Oil.org

  • Facebook
    Likes
    2041
  • Twitter
    Followers
    4748
  • You tube
    Scribers
    97
not all is equal. what choice will you make?

Monthly Archives: October 2011

5

Occupy Saudi Arabia

Ethical Oil October 28, 2011

As “occupiers” camp out in Calgary, Vancouver and Toronto to protest what they see as unjust income inequality between what they call the over-privileged “1%” and the other “99%” in this country, they might want to consider the plight of Saudi Arabia’s 20%. One fifth. That’s the proportion of Saudi Arabians living in poverty, say… Continue Reading »

0

Libya: Not ethical yet

Ethical Oil October 27, 2011

Ezra Levant, author of the book Ethical Oil, provides an important wake-up call to Westerners hoping Libya becomes a more democratic, freer place, now that its tyrant, Moammar Gaddafi has been overthrown. The new leader of Libya, Mustafa Abdul-Jalil, wasn’t elected either, Levant points out in his recent Sun column, so he’s just as much a… Continue Reading »

1

Canada’s Ethical Oil Allies

Ethical Oil October 27, 2011

Not every country in the European Union has its priorities mixed up. As Alberta Oil Magazine reports, several countries are rallying to stand up for Canadian oil sands oil, after the European Commission decided recently to slap our exports with discriminatory penalties. We’ve written before about the dangerous hypocrisy that the European Commission is engaging… Continue Reading »

0

A tale of two doctors

Ethical Oil October 26, 2011

John O’Connor must already know that he’s lucky to live in such an ethical, generous place as Canada. But the tale of Salvador Navarrete might remind him just how awfully lucky he is. Dr. Navarrete was a personal physician to Venezuelan strongman Hugo Chavez. Now he’s on the run. He was quoted in a Venezuelan… Continue Reading »

1

Ethical Fort McMurray

Ethical Oil October 25, 2011

If there’s a symbol for all that is right about Canada’s ethical oil, it’s got to be Fort McMurray. The town takes its share of criticism from the anti-oil sands lobby who complain that it’s rough around the edges, and sneer at the growing pains of a place working hard to keep up to its… Continue Reading »

0

Iran getting closer to nukes

Ethical Oil October 25, 2011

Diplomatic sources are reporting worrying news: Iran is about to move its nuclear materials to an underground site as it reaches more sensitive stages in its race to become a nuclear power. There’s hardly any mystery about why Iran is being so careful in protecting its nuclear development: dictator Mahmoud  Ahmadinejad has talked openly about… Continue Reading »

Login to your account

Can't remember your Password ?

Register for this site!